Manchester and Salford Junction Canal
Grid reference: SJ 837 977
Line visible in underground car park. Opened in 1839 to join the River Irwell to the Rochdale Canal at Lower Mosley Street. Mainly built over, now in tunnel. Restored lock to be found off Water Street by the River Irwell, Rochdale Canal junction restored as part of the Bridgewater Concert Hall development. Trade never developed due to the opening of Hulme Locks off the Bridgewater Canal. However, later served the Great Northern Railway Warehouse, when opened in 1898, through a hoist well.