Castlefiled Lattice Viaducts
Grid reference: SJ 831 976
Two cast iron viaducts, with castle decoration, which dominate the Castelfield basin and dwarf the 1849 brick viaduct. The first was built around 1877 for the CLC railway and is now used for the Metrolink Tram system. The second was built in 1898 for the Great Northern Railway Warehouse. Late use of cast iron girders, arch segments with cross ties and parapets, where streets bridged.